Friday, April 12, 2013

Catching Up and Stretching Out!

Holy Moly!  Time has been escaping me!  I hate that I have not posted in over a month!  Ugh! Well, with trying to get into a routine, along with normal life occurrences getting in the way, i.e., Easter, illness, a death in the family, and hubby out of town... that really shakes things up and throws absolutely everything off.  I have had the most enormous laundry pile up that I have ever had and I am still not out of the woods with that.  The baby has been diagnosed with severe infant eczema which became terribly inflamed after I had consumed an abnormal amount of coconut (darn samoa girl scout cookies). Finding that coconut triggers it led to looking at the labels of EVERYTHING I consume since he is exclusively breastfed, as well as everything that touches him,  like our detergents and skin care products.  It's been a chore, but he is looking tremendously better.  So, we have been busy, busy in recent weeks, to say the least.

Anywho, now that we are all healthy again after a nasty cough and sinus thing passed from one family member to the next, my husband and I are trying to incorporate yoga into our evenings after the kids are in bed.  From the first time I ever attended a yoga class, I knew I was in love.   It is so relaxing, and you feel amazing after you are done.  I was lucky enough to take a prenatal yoga class with my last pregnancy.  Participating in that after not doing yoga for years reminded me how much I love it.  It also helped my labor tremendously!  My husband on the other hand is not your typical "yoga" guy.  He prefers to go to the gym and use free weights, machines and run, though recently with work and 3 kiddos, he just can't seem to work gym time into his daily routine.  So, a compromise for him is doing yoga with me in the evenings, even if its for only 30 minutes.  It is a great way to wind down at night.  With only doing it for a short time, I am feeling better and so is my insanely nonflexible husband who has found that he enjoys it as well.  Who knows, maybe this will lead to something we continue to do for many years to come.  Hey, maybe dropping in on an instructed yoga class could be a new date night option!  We shall see!  In the mean time, I just hope we stick with it!


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment